- Will you accept another school’s entrance exam?
Yes, Acadia will accept entrance examination results from other accredited institutions that have been completed within the last year. Prospective students must present valid photo id with examination results.
- How many times can I take your entrance exam?
In both programs, you may retake the of the entrance exam two times. There is a $25 fee to retake the PN Examination and a $75 fee to retake the RN Examination.
- Will my credits transfer from your school to another school?
It is up to the receiving institution to determine if credits are transferable.
- I already have my immunizations. Will you accept a copy?
Yes, as long as they are current.
- How recent do my immunizations have to be?
TB and Physical must be within one year. All other immunizations must be up to date as needed. You may visit your primary care physician for your drug screen, physical, and immunizations. Prospective students must complete and pass a drug screen within 90 days of the start date.
- Can I get my background check in another state other than Ohio?
No, a full BCI and FBI background check must be administered in Ohio.
- Are you accredited?
Yes. Acadia Career Instituted has state approval through the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools and is fully approved through the Ohio Board of Nursing. Acadia Career Institute is in the process of seeking national accreditation though the US Department of Education and the NCA-CASI.
- Does Acadia offer Financial Aid?
We offer payment plans tailored to the needs of our students. Please contact our office at 419.833.9100 to discuss the options available to you.
- Where do I get fitted for my uniforms?
Acadia Career institute uses a local vendor for uniforms. Students are given uniform fitting information in their student handbook, upon acceptance into the program.
Frequently Asked Entrance Exam Questions
- When are the exams offered?
Students may take the entrance exam by scheduling an appointment with the office.
- Do you take walk-ins?
No, please schedule an appointment.
- When will I know my results?
You will receive your results within one (1) to two (2) days of completion.
- What content will be tested?
Mathematics, English and English Comprehension.
- How long are the test scores valid?
Test scores are valid for one year from the date of your exam.
- Do you accept the entrance exams scores from other schools?
Acadia will accept examination results from other institutions that have been completed within the last year. Prospective students must valid photo id with examination results.
- What are the requirements to take the test?
You must pay the exam fee for your program, and schedule an appointment. Upon arrival on test day, you must present proof of High School Diploma or GED, a valid picture id and social security card. prospects for the RN program must present proof of PN licensure.
- How long does the test last?
Allow yourself about 2 hours for testing.
- Can you use a calculator?
Yes. Students are responsible for bringing their own calculator.
- How many times can I take a test?
You can take the test a maximum of 2 times. There is a waiting period if you do not pass by the second try.
- How much does the test cost?
PN Entrance Exam $75 Retake- $25 / RN Entrance Exam $75 per occurance. All testing fees are non-refundable.
- Do you take cash, credit, and checks?
We accept Cashiers Checks, Money Orders, Cash or Credit only. NO PERSONAL CHECKS